Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions apply to the use of all the Sass websites. By placing an order with us, you are agreeing to accept these terms and conditions (The Conditions). Please note, these terms and conditions can potentially change at any time, and it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions regularly before ordering products in case there are any changes. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set out below, you should not use or access these websites. If you have any queries relating to our terms and conditions, please contact the Customer Service team before placing an order.
The following terms and conditions will apply between you and Sass, when you purchase an item from Sass the terms do not affect your statutory rights. Your contract for purchases made through Sass is with Sass and you undertake that all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only and are not for resale.
- You must be eighteen years old or above to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use the site in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use the site.
- You warrant that all details you provide to Sass for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Sass as soon as possible.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Sass reserves the right to terminate our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the site immediately and without notice to you if:
- You fail to make payment to us when due
- You breach any of our terms and conditions
- When requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable time frame, sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity
- We suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have way of being involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on Sass
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
When placing an order, you warrant that any and all information given is accurate and complete.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability.
- Availability information for products is listed on each individual product description. If Sass has insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered, we will not charge your credit or debit card until the items are back in stock and ready to be dispatched.
- All prices listed on Sass are correct at the time of entering the information; however, we reserve the right to change prices of any product at any time. All prices include sales tax.
- No contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and Sass until we accept your order by dispatching the product to you. When this happens we will confirm the acceptance by sending you an email.
- This confirmation email will be sent to the email address given in your order form and will detail products ordered, payment method, cost (including GST and P&P) and usual delivery times.
- You must check all the details on this confirmation email are correct and contact us as soon as possible if any details are incorrect.
- If your order has not been accepted, you will receive an explanatory email from us detailing the reasons why.
The delivery period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order. If you are ordering more than one item, your goods may be sent to you in instalments if certain items are out of stock.
Sass accepts payment through Credit Card, PayPal, AfterPay and OpenPay. All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If PayPal refuses to authorize payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. If you haven’t submitted an order, you may clear the items in your shopping bag at any time prior by clicking the ‘Remove’ button next to the product ordered in your shopping bag.
Cancelling an Order
If you have submitted your order and received your confirmation email from Sass, you can still cancel your order within 2 hours of the order being placed. Please email your cancellation marked ‘URGENT CANCELLATION’ to the Customer Service team.
Please ensure you list your name, address, product ordered and order code on the email. If you wish to cancel your order after 24 hours of the order being placed, you will need to wait until you receive the product and then follow our Returns procedure. Once we’ve received notification from you that you wish to cancel an order, any sum debited to us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to that credit or debit account within 30 days of your order, provided the goods you return are in the same condition that they were when delivered to you.
You will be liable to any charges incurred when returning the goods to Sass, unless the return is as a result of an error on our side.
You may return most items sold by Sass within 14 days from the date of dispatch for a full refund. For more information, please refer to our Returns Policy or contact our customer service team here Return postage costs will be at your expense, unless the item(s) received are faulty or not as ordered. In this instance, postage costs will be covered by us. Please contact our customer service team to organise pre paid postage.
Sass will be happy to exchange your item for the same item. Products that are damaged, faulty or incorrectly shipped through any circumstance that is in our error your will have up to 14 days from the date of dispatch to claim an exchange or refund.
Sass will not pass on your personal or credit card details to any third party. We will never ask for personal details via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your Sass log in details, please contact our Customer Service team immediately.
What is the Policy?
1. Important Information
John Cotton Australia complies with the:
Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to its non-commercial activities;
- National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to its commercial activities;
- Australian Direct Marketing Association Code of Practice in relation to how we market to our customers;
- Spam Act 2003 (Cth) in relation to electronic marketing; and
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) in the event that any telemarketing is undertaken.
All use of the Company’s Internet access services shall be intended to facilitate the exchange of information and otherwise be consistent with the broad objectives of the company. The smooth operation of the network relies on the proper conduct of those who use it. In general this requires efficient, legal and ethical utilisation of the network as well as adherence to the Company’s codes of conduct.
2. How to contact us:
John Cotton Australia is committed to working with its customers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. To contact us with a compliment or complaint or a privacy question, you can:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call: 1800 630 034 during business hours.
3. Personal Information:
Personal information means information we hold about you from which your identity is either apparent or can be reasonably determined.
4. Uses and Sharing
We use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. Generally, we will not use your personal information to market to you unless we have either your implied or express consent but in situations where it is impractical to obtain your prior consent, we will ensure you have an ability to opt out of future such communications.
We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless you give us your express consent, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or where this is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, such as specialist information technology companies, mail houses or other contractors to John Cotton Australia we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do.
5. Security of Information
We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security and integrity of your personal information.
6. Your Rights and Choices
You may interact with us anonymously where this is lawful and practicable. You have the right to request access to the personal information you provide, and to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. You may instruct us to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
We respect your personal information and your right to privacy.
At John Cotton Australia, protecting your privacy when handling your personal information is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you.
At John Cotton Australia, we know that when you give us your personal information, it imposes a serious responsibility upon us. We are committed to protecting your personal information and maintaining your trust.
8. Collection covered by this Policy
Websites may contain links to non-John Cotton Australia websites. John Cotton Australia is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
9. How we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites (e.g. during registration);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified under 'When we disclose your personal information';
- from our own records of what John Cotton Australia Product you buy;
- when legally required to do so.
10. How we use your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you to subscribe to our product and services;
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Research and develop our services;
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies and our dealers can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please contact us.
11. When we disclose your Personal Information
In order to deliver the product and services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of John Cotton Australia. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our product and services to you.
12. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our dealers;
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
13. Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
14. You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.